- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 thick cut steak (about 1 1/2 inches)
- 3-4 cloves fresh garlic, cut in half lengthwise
- 2-3 sprigs fresh herbs (I used rosemary and thyme)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- Salt and Pepper
- Pat steak dry on both sides with paper towels. Liberally coat both sides of steak with salt and pepper. Heat a cast iron skillet or heavy pan. Add olive oil, and when hot, place steak in the pan. Sear for a few minutes on each side and edges until browned. Add garlic, herbs and 2 tablespoons of butter. When melted, spoon over steak and rub garlic over steak. Cook steak to 125 degrees for rare. (Cook about 3-4 minutes after searing.) At the end of cooking process, add last tablespoon of butter, let melt and spoon over steak. Remove steak and let rest uncovered for about 4 minutes. Slice and enjoy!
Share this Recipe