- 16 ounce steak
- 1 loaf French or Italian Bread (cut in four sections)
- 2 large vine ripened tomatoes (sliced thin)
- 8-10 leaves lettuce
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil (for steak and tomatoes)
- 1-2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1-2 teaspoons pepper, divided
- Drizzle steak with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil on both sides. Salt and pepper steak on both sides. Sear in a hot dry skillet or grill. Cook until medium, about 4-5 minutes on each side. Set aside to rest, about 10 minutes. When rested, slice in thin slices. In a bowl, add about 1/4 cup of olive oil. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Coat tomato slices in olive oil and set aside. Make Gorgonzola slather. In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup sour cream or Alfredo sauce and 1/2 cup Gorgonzola. Mix until lumps are gone. Grill bread.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly over 8 pieces of bread. For each sandwich, begin with lettuce leaf. Then layer tomatoes, steak, another lettuce leaf and finish with bread.
Share this Recipe