Many things will be different this Memorial Day as we celebrate the official launch of summer while honoring those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country. But some things will always remain the same, namely our obsession with the perfect campout treat—S’Mores! This year, if you’re opting to stay home instead of heading for the campgrounds, I’ve got the perfect solution for your “campfireless” sweet tooth. It’s a delicious recipe for S’mores Bars that can be devoured right out of the oven! To be perfectly honest, I love these even more than the originals. They aren’t as messy and they’re a cinch to make! S’Mores Bars have all of the same ingredients, just assembled a little differently. These bars start with a graham cracker crust which you can make with either store bought graham cracker crumbs, or with ground up graham crackers. (My suggestion is to grind your own crumbs. Much tastier!) Once you bake your cookie base, you’ll add the chocolate bars, then the Marshmallow Fluff and top with more cookie crumbs! You can use melted marshmallows for the filling, but the marshmallow cream is a lot easier to spread. Then, all that’s left is to bake them up and then cut them into beautiful yummy bars! This Memorial Day weekend, make this fun treat that’s easier to eat… without the fire!
Watch my How To Video for S’Mores Bars here!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham crackers crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 Hershey Milk Chocolate bars (4.4 ounces each)
- 1 jar marshmallow cream (7 ounces)
- 1-2 cups mini marshmallows
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9-inch square baking pan by spraying with cooking spray or lining it with parchment paper. (Using parchment paper with the sides over hanging, helps lift the bars out of the pan easily.) In a large bowl, using a handheld or standing mixer cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add the flour, cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Beat together on low speed just until combined. The dough will be crumbly. Set aside 1 cup of cookie dough for topping. Press the remaining into the prepared 9-inch square baking pan and press down to form a crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely, and then arrange milk chocolate bars over the graham cracker crust. You may have to break one or two into the square pieces to ensure that everything gets covered. Drop spoonful's of the marshmallow cream over the chocolate and then spread out. Sprinkle the reserved cookie dough on top and gently press down. Sprinkle mini marshmallows and chocolate bits over top. Cook for 23-25 minutes. The edges will be golden brown. Let cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes or longer. Serve room temperature or chilled.