- 1 package frozen or refrigerated bread or pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 8 ounces pepperoni slices
- 8 ounces shredded cheese (like Gruyere or Mozzarella)
- 1 cup sliced peperoncini
- 2 tablespoons dried or fresh herbs (like garlic salt, Italian seasonings, red pepper flakes, parsley, etc.)
- 1 egg, plus 1 tablespoon water (egg wash)
- marinara or pizza sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a spring form pan, pie plate or round baking dish with cooking spray. On a lightly floured surface, roll out bread dough with rolling pin into a large, thin rectangle. Combine the olive oil and melted butter. Brush mixture over the dough. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of seasonings. Layer pepperoni slices across the dough. Sprinkle shredded cheese over pepperoni slices. Drain peperoncini slices and sprinkle over cheese. Carefully roll the dough up lengthwise. Place the dough in the pan or pie plate coiling it into a doughnut shape. Pinch the ends together to secure the dough. With a fork, mix the egg yolk and water, and brush egg wash over top of dough. Sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of seasonings. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until bread is golden brown. Remove from pan. Place on a plate and slice. If you used a Bundt pan with a hole in the middle, place a small bowl of marinara sauce in the hole. Dip slices of pepperoni bread into the sauce and enjoy! Serve hot.
Note: For larger party bread, dough the amount of ingredients except for the seasonings. (You will only need 2 tablespoons of seasonings for the larger party bread.) For the bread, combine 2 packages of refrigerated bread dough and spread out into one larger rectangle.
Share this Recipe