When a dish is named Million Dollar Pasta Bake, you can probably count on it being worth every penny in flavor! So it is with this recipe. The dish has been around for decades, but it’s making quite a revival on social media. It seems as though we’re all looking for a little extra comfort in our foods these days, and a cheesy, meaty lasagna-like casserole checks off that box quite nicely! I’ve made a regular size batch, and I’ve also doubled the recipe for great make-ahead portion sized meals that can be frozen and enjoyed later. I’ve also prepared the Million Dollar Pasta Bake with ground beef, turkey and chicken. Whichever protein you prefer, the outcome tastes pretty much the same. This recipe is a lot like lasagna, but much easier to prepare, with its delicious layers of homemade meat sauce, a sizable layer of pasta enrobed in four cheeses, and more meat sauce and cheese on top. If you’re looking for a real satisfying and hearty comfort food classic, you can’t go wrong with a Million Dollar Pasta Bake!
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles 1/2 pound
- 1 large sweet yellow onion chopped fine
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 6 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce 1 jar
- 8 ounces cream cheese 1 package
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cottage cheese or Ricotta
- 8 oz mascarpone optional
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet with 3 tablespoons of butter, sauté onion and garlic until softened.
- Add ground beef or turkey and cook until browned.
- Add pasta sauce, stir to combine and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water with 2 teaspoons of salt to a boil.
- Cook noodles as directed on the package.
- While your noodles are boiling, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, and cottage cheese or ricotta in a bowl until smooth.
- When the spaghetti is cooked, drain and return spaghetti to pot. Add cheese mixture and gently stir to fully combine.
- Add 3 tablespoons of butter (in small pieces) to the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
- Add a light layer of meat sauce, and then spread the enrobed spaghetti over top in an even layer.
- Add the remaining meat sauce over the spaghetti.
- Spread mozzarella evenly over spaghetti.
- Sprinkle Parmesan over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly on top.
- Remove from oven and let sit for10 minutes to set up before serving.
Watch my How To Video for Million Dollar Pasta Bake here: https://jandatri.com/jans-recipe/one-minute-kitchen/million dollar pasta bake
Share this Recipe