I’ve always thought that we have certain flexibility with our choices for lunch and dinner. But breakfast? That’s a whole different story. If you’re a bacon person, you’re never going to order sausage. If you love your eggs over easy, then scrambled just won’t do. I think it’s safe to say that breakfast our way is non-negotiable. The same thing may be true with salad and salad dressing. If Italian vinaigrette is your choice, then a green goddess dressing is just not going to satisfy. The other issue with salad is, well, it’s generally thought of as the obligatory side to your entrée. That all changes here, with this mega main meal bonanza of goodness, flavor and crunch with a surprisingly bright, and full-bodied Cilantro Lime dressing! Wow, do I love this salad! I love everything about it; the fixings and the fact that it’s the main event! You can start with any lettuce you like. My choice is a combination of healthful greens like a Spring Mix and a crunchy chopped bag salad that is so readily available these days. This recipe has grilled chicken, but it’s fantastic with strips of steak of you’re a beef eater. I’m hoping this salad and the delicious dressing has everything you love and then some. If not, add your favorite fixings and make it a main meal to remember! After a week of Valentine’s cookies and chocolates and candy, I could use an entrée like this! How about you?
Watch my How To Video for Main Meal Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing here!
- 4 cups Spring Mix
- 2 cups bagged chopped salad of your choice
- 2 cups grilled chicken cubed
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 large or 2 small avocados diced
- 4-6 sliced crispy bacon rough chopped
- 2 cups fresh corn cut off the cob and toasted in dry skillet
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 1/2 cups cheese curds or cheese of your choice cubed
- 1 cup toasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- Bleu cheese for topping optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons stone ground or Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped fine
For the Salad:
For the Dressing:
- Mix together the Cilantro Lime dressing. Refrigerate until ready to use. In a large bowl, add the salad ingredients. When ready to serve, pour desired amount of dressing over salad and gently toss. Serve with Blue cheese for topping, optional.