- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup chilled butter (2 sticks), cut into small chunks or browned (see Jan's Note)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 hard boiled eggs, diced finely or mashed
- 1 1/2 cups cups semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Combine flour and butter in a food processor or mixing bowl. Blend until mixture is the texture of small crumbs. Add the salt and baking soda to the flour and butter combination and mix until just combined. Add brown sugar, vanilla and boiled eggs. Pulse again or mix until mixture comes together. Add chocolate chips and walnuts, using a wooden spoon or clean hands to mix. Make 1 inch balls of cookie dough and place them on parchment lined baking sheets. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for about 12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are lightly browned. Remove cookies from oven. Cool for several minute and then place on cooling rack. For soft cookies, place them in an air-tight container as soon as they have cooled. Makes approximately 32 cookies.
If using browned butter, melt butter in skillet over medium high heat and simmer until butter turns amber. The melting butter will bubble and foam, so stir to check for amber color. Pour into bowl and freeze butter to re-harden. When hardened, combine with flour in the processor or mixing bowl.
Share this Recipe