With Halloween right around the corner, here are some really fun tricks of the treats! But even before Halloween, I’m sharing a fun fall harvest snack sensation! It’s an ear of corn made from popping corn and rolled in parchment paper! The Halloween treats are spooky, simple and scary delicious!
Watch my Step by Step of these Treats here!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 10 ounce package mini marshmallows
- 6 cups popped corn
- decorative autumn-colored candy sprinkles
- brown or white parchment paper (brown preferred)
For the Ears of Corn:
- In a large pot, melt butter. Pour package of mini marshmallows into pot and stir over medium heat until melted. Remove from stove. Add 6 cups of popping corn and about 2 tablespoons or more of decorative sprinkles. Working quickly, stir popcorn to combine. When cool enough to handle, form popcorn into 5 or 6 ears of corn. Set aside to firm up. Cut parchment paper into 20 inch long pieces. (Cut as many pieces as you have ears of corn. Place the 23 inch paper horizontally. Make 2-inch accordion folds vertically in the paper. Fold the paper up, and starting halfway up the paper, cut the left and the right side up to a point. Open up the paper, place the ear of corn in the cut area of the paper and fold up the ear of corn. Twist the straight edge end of the paper, and fold the pointed ends back to reveal the ear of corn.
For the Spooky Pretzel Face:
- Dip small twisty pretzels in dark or white dipping chocolate. Place two large googly eyes in the top two holes. Refrigerate to harden.
For the Frankenstein Rice Krispy Bar Face:
- Unwrap Rice Krispy Bars. For the hair, dip the top part of the bar in dark or white chocolate and sprinkle with Halloween colored candy sprinkles. Make two dots with dipping chocolate below the hair line and place two googly eyes on dots. With a toothpick or skewer, make a horizontal line for the mouth, and several smaller vertical lines along the horizontal line. Insert straw, skewer or candy stick in the bottom of the Rice Krispy bar.
For the Oreo Bat:
- Place one Oreo Cookie on the cutting board. Break the top of a second Oreo (without the white filling) in half so it looks like bat wings. Place the bat wings on the top of the Oreo with the wings sticking out, gluing them to the first Oreo with chocolate coating. Make two dots with chocolate coating under the bat wings and place googly eyes over dots.
Share this Recipe