- 2 tubes of Pillsbury large croissant dough
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) of cream cheese, slightly softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 cup preserves (apricot strawberry, etc.)
- Glaze (powdered sugar mixed with a touch of milk)
- Keep croissant rolls cold until you are ready to use them. Cream together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Lay out croissant triangles so that the point is at the top and the long end is to the left. Put approximately 1 heaping teaspoon of cream cheese mixture horizontally down the center of the croissant triangle and smooth into an oval shape (going from about 1/8 of one inch from the top to about 1/4 inch from the bottom.) Make an indentation or a well down the center of the cream cheese. (A piping bag works well for both the cream cheese and preserves) Fill the indentation with approximately ½ teaspoon of apricot preserves just below the top of the cream cheese. Fold the small end over the cream cheese and seal at the bottom. Fold the long end over the top of the short end and wrap around the "baby" and back up over the top. Gently pinch the bottom to seal. (It should resemble a baby bundled in a blanket.) Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzle or brush the baby’s blanket with glaze. The Bundles can be made ahead and covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator and baked in the morning.
Share this Recipe