This is one of those recipes – you decide you’re finally going to give homemade glazed doughnuts a try. Then you sit down, pour a cup of java, purr like a kitten, and say, “Ah, now that’s a doughnut!” That was my goal when I set out to find a delicious homemade doughnut recipe. For me, it had to be the simple, classic, raised-and-glazed variety. And yes, it has to be fried to a light golden-brown and then drizzled with the old-school white glaze. Well, I’m purring like a kitten over these homemade delights. I’ll share the doughnuts with family. Just give me a bowl of homemade doughnut holes!
They have been with us for centuries – the roll-with-a-hole called a bagel. But when The Bagel Store in Brooklyn turned them into a psychedelic rainbow of twisted dough, our love affair with the bagel only got deeper and more colorful. I haven’t had this much fun in the kitchen in a long time! Hope you have as much fun as I did!
Spend a little time on Pizza.com and you’ll learn plenty about your obsession with a pie called Pizza:
- 94% of Americans eat pizza regularly
- Americans eat approximately 100 acres of pizza a day, or about 350 slices per second
- 36% of people consider pizza the perfect breakfast
- Kids prefer pizza over all other foods for lunch and dinner
- Saturday night is the most popular night to eat pizza
- During TV news, pizza is most often ordered during the weather segment
- 61% of the American population prefers tin crust
- The most popular pizza size today is 14″
Here’s my latest pizza obsession, starting with authentic pizza dough I learned to make from chefs in Italy!